11 Dec HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2018
Hello! It’s been a minute… can you believe it’s already end of 2018? This year has been an incredible roller coaster with so many new experiences, learnings, and opportunities. I am so grateful for each and one of you joining me in this journey over the past couple of years. Just like last year, here’s a round up of some curated goods for your loved ones! I focused primarily local, and businesses that give back to the community so for those of us who don’t always have the time to volunteer, what a great way to give back by supporting a local business that does that on your behalf!
For someone who needs some TLC and ‘treat your self’: get them a gift card to Drift Luxury Nail Bar.
- Locally owned by a Registered Nurse who believes in treating yourself in wellness and beauty
- They donate proceeds to Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA)
- Beautiful, welcoming and open space for the ultimate relaxation
- Offering services in manicures, pedicures, massages, facials, hair removal, brows/lashes
For the foodies who want to make some delicious treats:
For someone who is on the go and needs some self-care along the way: a giftbox from Scentuals.
- Based in Coquitlam, BC
- natural & organic skincare
- Using the popular grapefruit, turmeric and coconut
For someone who needs some classic Local Laundry gear
- collection is now made in Canada! they have revamped their collection and their “Made in Canada” collection is my favourite. Every piece is incredibly soft. there is so much behind getting products made in Canada, as we can all understand the cost behind it all when it’s made locally.
- Giving Socks & Toque- What a great cause for these items. To do some good deeds this holiday soon- purchase one sock/toque, and one gets donated to a homeless organization in each major city across the country. Read more about their impact here.
For the interior design lovers:
- a cozy candle from Coal and Canary
- Based in Manitoba
- The best seasonal scents that you can find
- Wood-wicked candles
- Find them in many popular stockists- here’s the list!
- Mind the Minimal concrete diamonds
- handmade in Vancouver, BC
- beautiful concrete diamonds to add a nice touch to your decor
- great for home, parties, events!
For the jewelry lovers:
- statement rings from CoutuKitsch
- simple, minimalist handmade jewelry from Dear Joie
- one of a kind pieces, and for guys who want to purchase engagement rings for their loved ones – Foe & Dear
as always, would love to hear about your local faves in the DMs!